Saturday 18 February 2017

DIARY OF A SHARP BABE


The saying that '' whatever that is good doesn't come easy'' now makes so much sense to me. Read along as I share my sojourn of being a 'sharp babe' with you!!!

Yes ooo, sharp babes - those are girls that have everything at their fingertips, who never lack for anything, except that which money cannot buy. Sharp babes know how to make things happen, using resources at hand...


I , Tiwalola Mabel Omatseye, wants all the good things sharp girls have, and I want it at any cost! Yeah, as you should know by now that I wasn't born with silver spoon in my mouth. I actually was raised by my mum , who works three jobs to put food on the table, and eventually send me to school.

Infact, my journey to being a sharp babe started during my year two in the university. I must tell you it was not easy getting where I am. And though I was sound academically, getting important necessities of life was so difficult for me. God knows I've tried and tried, but money seems to stay with the rich alone. And I go with the campus saying that '' if it's not making money, it's not making sense''

Oh! don't I have a guy you ask! yeah, my paramour is an ND holder, and he is not forthcoming. Adil couldn't afford the luxury of an average Lagosian. And that is why after a lot of thought I decided to save myself from abject poverty, and join the clique of the 'affluence- socialite'.

I decided to be more social, and make use of my brain, if not body. Prior to this time, I had always been hired by big girls and boys on campus for their homework and projects, of which I do collect little amount of money. So I decided to extend my friendship further, till I was accepted into the circles of big girls who calls themselves ''sharp babes''. These babes are the talk of the town, and on campus, they rock every major events.

Since I was so determined to belong, I did everything necessary to gain their trust, respect and even sympathy. After weeks of following these girls around, I got introduced to one of their friend or client, anyhow you want it.

Unfortunately, I never went on a date before , so I was nervous, but my girls ''tushed'' me up to the extent I almost forgot my real self. And though they taught me a few tactics or so to keep things going, yet it was not enough. I was practically a LEARNER!

All dressed up in a black designer dress, I walked elegantly into the Lobby of a five star hotel in Lagos, waited for the ''supposed client''.

Even though my head was forcing me to recall all those moral words my mum had instilled in me the day I gained admission, I subsequently forced my mind to focus on the present task at hand. It was a horrible emotional battle. However, while I was still contemplating on whether to walk out or stay, an adequately suited man walked gingerly towards me. He spoke in a cool but commanding tone "Ma'am would you follow me now, Mr Teju Williams awaits! And as he extended his hand to help me up, I smiled coolly and forced my leg to move towards the direction ''Mr Cool'' was leading us to. I cat walked like a queen, even though I wasn't feeling like one.

And there in the North wing of the hotel lies a small conference room. On the high chair sat a man with his back facing us. Everything seems so business-like! My heart skips a bit when I was left alone in the room. I felt nervous, inexperienced and inadequate. Is this how normal dates feels like?

After five minutes of contemplating what next to do, I gathered my wit and move farther into the room. I sat on the chair facing him directly. Then he turned facing me squarely, all my wit flew away as I stared mouth agape.

He was so young , handsome and so CEO-like. You could smell success on him from yards away. There and then I started to shiver inwardly, I almost pee in my pant. What have I gotten myself into? And I could feel his eyes rake through me as if he could see inside of me. However, after minutes of quiet observation, he spoke ''lady it's nice of you to be here''. His voice sounds like sweet melody to my ears, however I summoned courage, as I watched him eye to eye as he continued his speech. '' I had them bring you here for a reason. You are beautiful and intelligent as I've seen in your recommendations'' He stood up tall, walked towards me '' before we get down to business , I did like to tell you my terms and condition'' At this point, all the oxygen I was conserving seems to blow out. I was perplexed and though my brain couldn't process a thing, yet I watched him confidently.

''Don't be marvelled, what I meant was that I like to define my relationships with people. Tiwa it is, right?

I nodded absently...

'' you could go through this agreements for me, and hopefully we get down to the real ''work''. He winked as he slides a bonded paper towards me. Looking through the contract or agreement or whatever, my heart shook and somersaulted. I gave him a quick look and back at the paper, there I thought '' I 've just landed in it!... to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate YOU reading this, please Leave a comment!